Self-assessment tax returns and advice for individuals
High-earners, company directors and anyone with untaxed income must complete an income tax self-assessment return each year. The deadline for online submissions is 31 January, covering the previous tax year.
Although it is called self-assessment, many of our clients come to us because they just want this job done without having to waste hours of their life navigating the HMRC website. We process countless personal tax returns each year and are able to do so quickly and efficiently, ensuring our clients meet the deadline and avoid penalties for late filing.
We also use this as an opportunity to identify tax reliefs and allowances you could be claiming to keep your tax liability at a reasonable level. That also ties into our longer-term tax planning advice designed to reduce the impact of capital gains tax, inheritance tax and other potential traps. From how you take payment from your business (salary, dividends, pensions) to the way you distribute ownership of assets with your partner, there are plenty of ways to take control.
- Tax returns for individuals, sole traders, partnerships and directors
- Tax advice and planning
- Capital gains tax advice for landlords and individuals
- Retirement and inheritance planning
- 30 day report and pay capital gains on property
“I’ve been a client of Andow Ellis since 2018. Tim and his team have been exceptional in providing excellent steer and support overall. More specifically, Tim is great at spotting how to save me money! Timely, clear and approachable, I know I’ll always get a simple answer to any issue. This together with regular reminders keeps everything running smoothly.”
Terri Mohiuddin | Director
- Personal tax return with P60
- 1 dividend
- 2 interest bearing accounts and a rental property £280 + VAT
- Personal tax return with state pension
- Private pension
- Investment portfolio with 4 companies paying dividends and 2 interest bearing accounts
- Gift aid payments and 2 rental properties £340 + VAT
If you like the sound of a friendly local accountant who understands the challenges you face, with a relentless focus on efficiency and consistency, we should talk sooner rather than later. We can’t wait to learn about your business and start sharing ideas.